Magento 220.127.116.11 – Problem Importing Images with Advanced DataFlow Profiles
- Magento 18.104.22.168
Server Environment (dedicated)
- After upgrading to 22.214.171.124 version of Magento, CSV-based import does not import images. All other product information gets imported correctly, but images are being ignored.
Workaround (solution pending)
Upgrade to the latest version of Magento (at the moment it is ver. 126.96.36.199-beta1). Create a new import profile just for images and bring them in separately. To do so follow the steps below:
- go to System > Import/Export > Dataflow – Profiles.
- Click Add New Profile.
- Setup a profile and select NO for “Original Magento attribute names in first row” (see attached screenshot)
- Map the fields to the ones in your CSV
- Save and Run the profile with your CSV
As long as the product is already imported the image CSV can just have a sku, image, thumbnail, small_image fields.
If the product does not exist, you’ll get an error on that line.
Hope this helps someone.